The Ten Commandments are frequently discussed as outdated or even obsolete. Based on a discussion by Maureen Johnson with her father in To Sail Beyond The Sunset, concepts of Alan Dean Foster in his Commonwealth and many discussions with friends, I came up with the following 10 New Commandments.
If you object, please discuss with us.
If you like them, spread them!
- There is a god. All variants in the end are facets of that same truth.
- Do not murder or command murder.
- Honor and foster love and live in all it’s facets.
- Love your spouse, children and friends and nourish your love.
- Raise your children that they are proud about their heritage.
- Help when you can.
- Treat all live with respect. Foster nature and it’s resources.
- Do not acquire valuables without a fair compensation.
- Do not lie without a very good cause.
- God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
1 Don’t believe the priests or politicians trying to convince you differently.
2 That includes mass murder as war. The sin.
3 is main to 4, 5, 6, 7… Not limited to human life, but also nature!
4 includes to spend time with the family (nourishing, “Sabbath”)
6-8 includes not to abuse labor
10 Thank you friend and co-author Ice-Sphinx for suggesting the Serenity Prayer as No. 10!
Jürgen, September 19th, 20081 - click to show Jürgen you liked the post